Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spotted this video on Jollyblogger. It is a video of football coach John Gagliardiof of St. Johns University in Collegeville, MN. We played St. Johns every year when I played football for Pillsbury. I believe they beat us each year; my freshmen year we only lost two, maybe three, games. For decades, under this coach, St. Johns has had a very successful program.

This man understands grace. He does not create a performance based environment with manipulation like so many coaches do (player messes up - coach yells, intimidate with a dominate presence, or run everything by rules). From the interview, you can tell this coach cares more about his player's hearts than anything. Get to the heart and then you can build the knowledge and performance is a by product.

I pray this for my family.

No comments: