Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tim Tebow - Man of Many Missions


On the Light Rail, on my way home from
work, I read from David Wells' book, The Courage to Be Protestant:

"God is not only near to us and related to us through creation and his preservation of it, but he also rules over all of life, guides it to the the end he has in mind for it, and holds all people accountable for their lives."
From this quote, I was convicted on how I segregate my own inner spiritual life from my outside living-in-the-real-world-life; they do not always match up.

I walk in the front door of my home, kiss my wife, rough up my two sons in an affectionate loving manner and spot the latest Sports Illustrated on the counter. It is good to be home. On the cover is Tim Tebow, not his first time to grace the cover of SI, but the main story on him is great, for it portrays a man who lives his life in truth - he serves a God who rules over all of life. I am encouraged. The author of the story, Austin Murphy writes:

"Having covered Tim for three years, I would say he's the most effective ambassador-warrior for his faith I've come across in 25 years at SI. Why? A big reason, Tebow believes, is his style of play."

To read the full story go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a big LSU fan. I went to college there and and sweat Purple and Gold. Since I heard about Tim Tebow's faith, I have seen the gators in other way. I would love to see this guy playing in the NFL and breaking all the records as a QB.